See FaceBook recipe video >> http://bit.ly/ChilliTofuBroccoliFB
See Instagram recipe video >> http://bit.ly/ChilliTofuBroccoliIG
- 400 grams extra firm tofu
- 1-2 tbsp of coconut oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 3-4 smashed garlic cloves
- 250-300 grams of broccolini / green beans
- 1 tablespoon SunWah Vegetarian Chilli Oil Buy Vegetarian Chilli Oil
- 2 tablespoons honey (or agave or sugar)
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 1 tbsp of sesame oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Add broccoli to a pan, add hot water and simmer for 5-10 min.
- Drain and blot tofu with paper towels and cut into half inch thick pieces. Blot again.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add salt, pepper and smashed garlic, directly in the skillet. Swirl and cook for 1-2 minutes until the garlic is fragrant.
- Sear tofu until golden brown, over medium heat, about 5 minutes each side.
- Make the chilli sauce, in a bowl add vegetarian chilli oil, honey, sesame oil and soy sauce, mix well and set aside.
- When the tofu is done, add few tsp of chilli oil over it. Then take it out and add broccoli for few min. Sprinkle some sesame seeds and serve immediately.
- Drizzle the tofu with the chili sauce and top with sesame seeds. Eat straight away.