See FaceBook recipe video >> http://bit.ly/ChocChilliCheesecakeFB
See Instagram recipe video >> http://bit.ly/ChocChilliCheesecakeIG
For the base
- 35-40 chocolate biscuits
- 80 grams of unsalted butter
For the cheesecake layer
- 250 grams of cottage cheese or cream cheese full fat
- 1 tin (400 ml) – condensed milk
- 2-4 tbsp of Sun Wah Vegetarian Chilli Oil Buy Vegetarian Chilli Oil
- 200 ml of double/ heavy / fresh cream
- 300 gr of dark chocolate
- 1 tsp of instant coffee powder (optional)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 gelatine leaves or 2 tbsp of gelatine powder (soaked in water)
- Pinch of salt decorations (optional)
- Chocolate ganache
- Whipped cream
- Red chillies
- Butter the bottom and sides of an 8-inch springform pan. If you don’t have a springform pan, use your normal cake pan or a tart pan. Line the regular cake pan with a clingfilm or aluminum foil. Line the bottom and sides together without cutting the clingfilm so that you can easily lift the cheesecake out when it’s set.
- In a large bowl, add your chocolate and coffee and mix everything, melt over the double boiler or microwave in short 30 second breaks and set aside.
- Add the gelatin to half cup of water and leave it to bloom.
- Crush your biscuits in a food processor until fine powder, then add butter and add into your pan. Transfer this biscuit mixture to the base of the pan and press well. Refrigerate for a bit.
- Make the cheesecake. Into your blender add condensed milk, cottage cheese, cinnamon, vanilla extract and chilli oil. Blend everything until smooth.
- Add gelatine to your chocolate and mix lightly and then add straight away to your blender. Blend everything together till it’s smooth and creamy.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add your whipper cream and mix until sooth and creamy.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the biscuit base layer and refrigerate until its set completely until set. Tap once to remove the air bubbles.
- Remove the springform pan slowly and decorate as you wish.