See Instagram recipe video >> http://bit.ly/SpicyPotatoAndKale
See FaceBook recipe video >> http://bit.ly/SpicyPotatoKaleStewFB
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and chopped into cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground Turmeric
- 1 x 400g tin kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3 large handfuls of kale
- Fresh parsley
- Salt & pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the sweet potatoes, onion and garlic. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes until the veg has softened slightly.
- Stir in the chilli, cinnamon and cumin and cook for a further couple of minutes.
- Add the kidney beans and chopped tomatoes, stir to coat the vegetables thoroughly then simmer gently for 30-35 minutes. Add a little water if it becomes too thick.
- At the last minute, add the kale. Don’t overcook it, just let it wilt slightly so it retains colour and texture. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!