See Instagram recipe video >> http://bit.ly/SpicyZucchiniLatkes
See FaceBook recipe video >> http://bit.ly/SpicyZucchiniLatkesFB
- 1 large courgette
- 3 potatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 medium egg
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 40 grams plain flour pinch salt pinch black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and onion, top and tail the courgettes, then grate on the medium side of a grater. I use my food processor but you can do it by hand as well.
- Twist and squeeze over a bowl until no more liquid comes out.
- In a separate bowl, mix the eggs with the flour, chilli oil, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper until smooth. Don’t worry if there are a few lumps. You can use a whisk to mix it well.
- Pour the egg mix onto the grated vegetables and mix well.
- Pour the oil into a frying pan until it’s about ½ inch deep, then place over a high heat. Turn down to medium and use a large spoon to pick up the batter, flatten off on top and dolloping into the pan – it should start to sizzle immediately, but if you find they’re browning almost immediately, turn the heat down some more.
- Fry for about 5 mins until browned underneath, then use a slotted spatula to flip them oven and fry for a couple more minutes until evenly browned on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and repeat until all the batter is used up before serving. They’re wonderful for lunch with a crunchy pepper salad or sour cream.