See FaceBook recipe video >> http://bit.ly/ChocChilliTartFB
See Instagram recipe video >> http://bit.ly/ChocChilliTartIG
- 225 grams of sweet pastry for a 20 cm (8 inch) flan ring.
- 350 ml of double or whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- 200 grams of dark chocolate
- 1-2 tbsp of Sun Wah Vegetarian Chilli Oil Buy Vegetarian Chilli Oil
- 5 grams of icing sugar (optional)
- 50 grams of butter
- 125 grams soft flour
- pinch of salt
- 30 grams icing sugar
- 60 grams butter (cold)
- 1 egg
- 5 grams of water or 2 tbsp
- Make sweet pastry first. Sift your flour, salt and icing sugar in a bowl. Cube your butter and rub into the mixture. Add your egg and mix well. Then slowly add water and mix until you reach nice paste. Do not over mix or it will be hard to roll it out. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes before using.
- Preheat your oven to 180 C or 350F.
- Prepare your tin by buttering around the edges, then placing some flour and placing a parchment paper or cartouche.
- Roll out your pastry into a nice thin crust and place over your flan ring. Poke some holes in a pastry to make sure the pastry doesn’t puff up. Add some baking beans or brown rice and place into the fridge for 30 min to rest.
- Bake the pastry for 20-30 min until its done, check the bottom.
- Warm up your double cream over the stove or in your microwave. Once its hot, add all your chocolate and butter and vegetarian chilli oil. Leave for few seconds, and then mix in to create chocolate ganache.
- After the pastry is cooked, take out the rice and cook for further 5-10 minutes.
- Place the chocolate filling into the pastry. Place into the fridge to set completely.
- Serve with ice cream or icing sugar. Enjoy.